Photography: PIH Team
Born on May 2nd, 1959, Massarelos - Porto, Portugal
Married, 3 children
Competences - Qualifications:
- 1996 PhD in Civil Engineering - FEUP;
- 1989 Master in Buildings Construction - FEUP (Professor Barbosa de Abreu Award, best student of this Course Edition);
- 1982 Civil Engineer, Structures Option - FEUP.
- Senior Member and Specialist in Structures by the Order of Engineers (ID 18148);
- Member of Collegio de Ingenieros de Caminos Canales y Puertos - Spain (ID 27525);
- Training "FIDIC - UNEP 'TRAIN THE TRAINER' on Sustainable Development - 2014.
Professional Experience in Civil Engineering and Construction Teaching and Research Activity:
- Professor at FEUP since 1984, currently Associate Professor;
- Director of the Laboratory of Systems and Components of FEUP (since 2002);
- Coordinator of the Civil Construction Section of FEUP (2010-2015);
- Researcher in charge of GEQUALTEC of UI CONSTRUCT of DEC of FEUP;
- Director of the IC - Construction Institute of the UP (since 2010).
Since 1988: Founding partner of SOPSEC, S.A., Administrator
Author and coordinator of multiple civil engineering projects in Portugal, Angola, Mozambique, Ghana, Venezuela, Algeria, Saudi Arabia and New Zealand.
Other Functions and Representations:
- Member of the Admissions and Qualification Council of the Order of Engineers (2016- ..);
- President of the National College of Civil Engineering of the Order of Engineers (2007-2010);
- Coordinator of the College of Civil Engineering of the Northern Region of the Order of Engineers (2004-2007);
Câmara Municipal do Porto
Praça General Humberto Delgado, 4º piso
Porto Innovation Hub
Rua Dr. António Luís Gomes s/n
Tuesday - Saturday
10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Tuesdays + Wednesdays + Thursdays
Follow our events: